Nutritonal Yeast Flakes! ~ Source of B12 Savory Seasoning.
Nutritional yeast is grown on beet molasses, harvested, then pasteurized to make it inactive. As inactive yeast, it will not feed on sugars in your body or promote any pernicious fungi like candida. Since it's been heated, it's not technically raw, but is a popular ingredient in raw food recipes because of all the B12 and protein it packs and for the rich, savory "cheesy" flavour enhance it adds to dishes.
Nutritional yeast has a naturally rich flavor that is described as nutty, cheesy, savory or creamy, which makes it popular as an ingredient in cheese substitutes, espeically in the raw/vegan world of cooking.
It is also a source of protein and vitamins, especially the B-complex vitamins and is a complete protein. It is also naturally low in fat and sodium.
* Sprinkle or add to any dish that you'd like a rich, savory flavour. Add to soups and salads.
* Use like a parmesan, add to soups, salads and spaghetti dishes.
* Enrich your nut/vegan "cheese" recipes.
* Top your popcorn, or top cauliflower florets and dehydrate for a raw style popcorn!
* Add to mashed potatoe's or veggies for a cheesy hit!
*This is a single ingredient product*