Shelled Hemp ~ Raw by VivaPure
With their soft texture and mild nutty flavour that is reminiscent of a sunflower seed and a pine nut, these little chlorophyll filled seeds offer a convenient way to reap the benefits of Hemp and it couldn’t be any easier.
ADD TO EVERYTHING. Among the array of benefits that Hemp offers, Shelled Hemp is packed with essential fatty acids (all the EFA's known), all eight essential amino acids, are highly alkalining to the body (unlike most nuts and seeds which are acidic) and so much more bio-available and easier on digestion. Shelled Hemp, really is a full, complete and most ideal food. Since they do not contain any health-diminishing enzyme inhibitors, they never require pre-soaking so can be used straight up in recipes.
SOME ALLEGED PROPERTIES OF RAW SHELLED HEMP:
* high in EFAs (has the ideal ratio of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids) and GLA. Only food that contains every EFA.
• high in plant based, quality usable protein (25-31% protein) (contains all 8 essential amino acids) for muscle and strength building. A handful of hemp seeds provides the minimum requirement for protein for adults.
• high in fibre - enhancing digestion
• rich in vitamin E - helpful for skin, hair and nails
• rich in chlorolphyll content (the main composition in wheatgrass, a highly healing food)
We adore hemp seeds daily for their nutritive properties and myraid of ways they can be enjoyed!
-> Sprinkle onto salads, soups, pasta's and other savory dishes, cereal, dessert and cakes.
-> Use as a substitue for nuts in recipes.
-> Add to smoothies and shakes for a protein boost.
-> Add to trail mixes to power you through.
-> Mix into energy bars, cookies, brownies and raw chocolate.
-> Use in biscuit, cake and crust bases.
-> Use for dressings, pesto's, cream's and ice cream's.
-> Make Easy, Quick Hemp Milk (1 part Seeds to 3-4 part water) Storage: For best results, keep seeds refrigerated and air tight to protect their precious oils.
*This is a single ingredient product* 100% Whole, Raw, Premium Hemp Seeds. Ecologically Produced and grown, THC Free.
Hemp seeds can be eaten raw, ground into a meal, made into hemp milk (akin to soy milk), prepared as tea, and used in baking.