Hello Vivapure readers!
Let us introduce ourselves, we are Lori and Michelle. We live across the pond in the great state of North Carolina. The lovely people at Vivapure asked us if we would like to do guest post on their blog from time to time, and we said of course! A quick history of who we are.
We run and own a gluten-free, vegan and raw bakery since 2007 called Twin Cakes Bakery. We currently ship our products throughout the US and Canada, we hope to be adding the UK to that list soon :) In addition to running our bakery, we also are the creators of Pure2raw our personal blog. Pure2raw is a place where we share recipes, health issues (like skin issues, digestive issues, hormonal problems, etc), photography, our travels, and our love of fitness! We hope you stop by sometime and say hello.
Today we have a recipe that uses one of our favorite ingredients and we know Vivapure loves it too ....
Irish Moss Paste. We love it for so many reasons! To name just one would be because using irish moss paste allows us to reduce the amount of nuts used in recipes. But if you do not have irish moss you can use more nuts to replace it.
We have also done a **video on how we make our Irish Moss Paste** for those who like to see how to make it.
Creamy Cashew Cream (raw, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, grain-free, low sugar)
prep-time: about 30 minutes (for soaking the cashews
time to make: 5-10 minutes (all depends on your blender and how fast it creams)
tools needed: blender (vita-mix is what we used)
- 1/2 cup soaked cashew, pieces
- 1/2 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup raw clear agave (could also sub for Coconut Nectar)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla (ours is alcohol free) or pure organic vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon sunflower lecithin (optional)
- 1 cup irish moss paste (Get The Fresh Irish Moss Hook Up @ VivaPure)
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid stevia
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp cardamom
Directions: Soak your 1/2 cup cashews in a bowl for about 30 minutes. Rinse well. Then place cashews into your blender along with your coconut butter, irish moss paste, agave. Blend. Then add in your vanilla, stevia, lemon zest, cardamom, and sunflower lecithin. Blend some more till smooth and creamy. Scoop your cashew cream into a bowl or in our case we served them in little coffee mugs.
Enjoy your cream at room temperature or place in refrigerator for a little bit to enjoy cold.
You can even jazz it up some with sprinkling in brownie crumbs, we used Twin Cakes Raw Brownie Bite Promise it is delicious either way!
- have no irish moss then replace with more cashews or another nut like almonds
- may replace agave with any liquid sweetener of choice; if you want to do it all stevia base than you will need to add in about 2-4 tablespoons of water and increase the amount of stevia to your desired level of sweetness
- have no coconut butter then replace it with coconut oil, you might even get away with 1/3 cup coconut oil as it gets harder than coconut butter when chilled
- may replace lemon zest with either lime or orange
- and can use any flavorings you desire (we just love cardamom and use it all the time)
We hope you like our Irish Moss Paste Creamy Cashew Cream recipe as much as we do.
Thanks again Vivapure for letting us share this recipe and be a guest post on your blog!
If you have any questions please let us know.
xoxo Lori and Michelle Pure2raw Twins and Twin Cakes Bakery owners